The lower blepharoplasty technique which we perform in our institute is used to eliminate the bags under the eyes and the procedure can vary depending on the case and the results that we need to obtain.
1. The most simple situation is the elimination of the bags of fat when they are prominent and there is no excess of skin on the lower eyelid. In these cases, we perform a transconjunctival approach through the conjunctiva of the inside of the eye and therefore we remove the bags without scars.
2. When there is too much skin, the cut is done immediately below the line of the eyelashes and at the same time the fat bags are eliminated, the redundant skin is removed. This technique is more traumatic than the first thus making the post operatory treatment considerably greater. For this reason, in our centre, in the cases where the excess of skin of the lower eyelid is moderate, we combine the blepharoplasty surgery of excision of fat bags with what we call a chemical blepharoplasty.
3. The chemical blepharoplasty is a complementary treatment of the skin of the lower eyelid with TCA or phenol peeling which allows spectacular results as it provides elasticity and other lost properties to the skin eliminating wrinkles and the redundancy of the skin.
4. Also in IMCF, when it is indicated, we perform the blepharoplasty technique through the repositioning of the fat bags through a transconjunctival approach using the technique of Dr. De la Plaza. This technique is used to spread out the fat instead of removing therefore leveling the area. The technique is indicated in patients with prolapsed bags and very marked orbital sockets. For instance, in patients where there is excess volume in one place and immediately lacking below.
What is the post operatory treatment of a lower blepharoplasty?
1. When the surgery is to eliminate the bags through a transconjunctival approach the post operatory care is minimal and there is no bruising. The post operatory care is even less than an upper blepharoplasty meaning that the patient can continue their normal life almost immediately after the surgery.
2. When the skin is eliminated and the incision is cutaneous, the post operatory period is around 10-12 days but can last as long as 3 weeks.
3. The chemical blepharoplasty post operatory period is between 4 and 7 days during which the patient can use makeup.
What is the price of a lower blepharoplasty?
In our centre, the medical fees for a lower blepharoplasty vary between 1.600 € and 2.700 € depending on the surgical techniques the patient needs.
Examples of the results of a lower blepharoplasty for the reduction of the bags under the eyes. Before and after.