Platinum veneers without sculpture in the CirugíaFacialBenidorm.com® for completely natural looking teeth.
What are platinum veneers?
The platinum veneers ByAlexCaballero® are ultra-aesthetic veneers which to date have never been produced by any machine. They are made by hand and exclusively for CirugiaFacialBenidorm.com® by Alejandro Caballero, superior technician in dental prosthesis and ceramic specialist in ultra thin veneers produced in Germany.
As they are ultra thin (between 0,3 and 0,5 mm of thickness) they are the only veneers that can be fitted directly onto the teeth without any sculpting at all, meaning that they are fitted onto the original teeth without any preparation which may create an irreversible aggression.
Our clients do not suffer any alteration, they do not pay any “toll” and this is what marks the difference and makes them so sought after. However, they cannot be fitted in every case and as they can only be carried out completely manually and artistically, they present an economical conditioning which must be taken into account.
How are platinum veneers made?
The fabrication is completely by hand and is carried out by brushing multiple layers of special aesthetic ceramic onto a platinum frame. This is the factor which gives it its generic name.
The platinum is a noble metal which is very malleable and resists high temperatures without deformation or oxidation.
The process commences in the clinic taking a high resolution silicone impression of the mouth of the patient.
Then in the laboratory, the impression is emptied into a special mould to prepare the working model.
Once the working model has been prepared, the teeth are individualised and upon each individual tooth a layer of 0, 02 mm of platinum is placed which adapts perfectly to the anatomy and margins of each piece.
This platinum sheet works as a frame to the ceramic which is then applied depending on the technique of the stratification in layers.
With the skill of a surgeon, the platinum is delicately removed from the cast in order to place it together with the ceramic, in the baking oven:
- In the oven, the ceramic bakes onto the platinum at a temperature of about 900o
- 6-8 layers of ceramic are applied (combining multiple bases with specific characteristics of colour, translucency and opalescence) within 3 different baking processes.
Finishing the final process of glazing and shine, the internal layer of platinum is removed to obtain the final product which is a ceramic veneer between 0, 2 and 0, 5 mm thickness, unique and unrepeatable, with multiple shades of translucency and opalescence in the chosen colour.
The total fabrication process can be completed within a minimum of 12 hours.
Finished veneers on the working model once the platinum nucleus has been removed.
Finished veneers on the working model once the platinum nucleus has been removed
How are the veneers fitted?
Day of the cement. Relative isolation with rubber dock (blue)
Previously engraved with orthophosphoric acid and the placing of the adhesive, the veneers are cemented with the chosen colour of cement
Choosing of the cement. Process of the cementing
Process of the cementing
Following day. Manual shaping of the veneers to reproduce the shape of the natural teeth to the preference of the patient.
The fitting is meticulous and delicate. It does not require anaesthesia.
- A wire is fitted which lightly retracts the margin of the gum so that the veneers can adapt perfectly and are close to a hidden union.
- The surface of the teeth should be clean, dry and etched. The etching of the enamel is done with orthophosphoric acid which is applied on the tooth for thirty seconds. The etching produces reversible micro pores in the enamel making the adhesion possible.
- The adhesion is carried out by using latest generation adhesives and aesthetic cements (Variolinkestetic). There are different tones of colour of cement available, and the most adequate is chosen for each case.
- The internal surface of each veneer should also be carefully conditioned for an effective and safe adhesion. This is also carried out through chemical etching, in this case with hydrofluoric acid.
The complete process of the cement and the finishing touches take about 35 minutes per veneer.
Recently fitted veneers (before manual shaping/personalisation)
Veneers after hand shaping and personalising to the taste of the client.
Finished result of the platinum veneers after the cement and finishing
Details of the nature of the veneers.
Can I have platinum veneers? When are platinum veneers indicated?
Unfortunately, the platinum veneers cannot be fitted on all patients or on all teeth. They are specially indicated for patients:
- With well positioned teeth, not crowded, but which present alterations in colour and do not respond to laser whitening (tetracycline stains, enamel defects, etc…)
- With shape defects on their teeth (small teeth, worn down teeth, crooked teeth…).
- In patients with slight crowding, the platinum veneers (without sculpture) can be fitted and correct the crowding totally or partially.
- In patients with more severe crowding, the correction of the crowding obliges a total or partial sculpture of the tooth and the production of the CAD-CAM milled veneers or crowns.
How much do the platinum veneers cost in Cirugía Facial Benidorm?
The price of the veneer depends on the urgency of each patient.
- The average price is 690 € per veneer when the fitting time is a week after the patient has visited the consultation and taken the silicone impression. For the first visit, our current waiting list is approximately 2, 5 months.
- Tariffs depending on the time scale:
- Normal protocol: 690 €/ unit
- Reduced protocol: 1000 € /unit (fitting in 1 week and 2 weeks waiting list for first visit).
- Urgent protocol: 1800€ / unit: fitting in 48 hours with no waiting list.
When looked after, the platinum veneers can last your whole life and stand out like the first day.
We are so sure of what we do that we guarantee our treatments for two years. If in this period the patient breaks a veneer, we promise to replace it without cost within 72 hours.